|Preparation of Child Travel Consent Form||$25.00|
|Each signature to be notarized||$15.00|
Generally, all persons under the age of 18 are considered minor children. However, in some states a person is not legally recognized as an adult until 21 years old. Border officials are vigilant when it comes to the documentation of children. Consequently, all persons who are not legally recognized as adults should be prepared to show they have consent to travel.
Information About Child Travel Consent Form
A Child Travel Consent is also known as:
- Travel Consent for a Minor
- Travel Permission Letter
- Letter of Consent to Travel
What is a Child Travel Consent Form?
A Child Travel Consent allows minors to travel without their parents or legal guardians being present. This form can be used when a child will either be traveling alone, or with another adult who is not their legal guardian (for example, a teacher, grandparent, aunt/uncle, friend, etc.).
It allows the child to travel legally with their authorized chaperone, or on their own, with less hassle than they would experience without written consent.
Do I Need a Child Travel Consent Form?
Parents and guardians may need to use a Child Travel Consent Form if:
- Their son or daughter is traveling abroad as part of a school trip.
- Their minor is traveling alone and will be taking a plane, train, or ship to their destination.
- They are the temporary caretaker of a minor and may travel during that time.
- Their child or minor will be traveling with friends or family members.
- They have shared custody of a minor (are a single parent) and only one parent or guardian will be traveling with the child.
We sometimes step out of our office for a mobile service. If we are closed or temporarily out of our office, our live operator is available to take your call, text, or email, at all hours of the day or night, seven (7) days per week.
If you are ready to visit us
Contact us directly for off-hour meetings, special requests, or short notices. Everything is possible. We are able to accommodate whatever you need of us to make it happen.