Child Travel Consent

MISSION DOC PREP can assist you in preparing a Child Travel Consent, an important travel document for your minor child. If you already have the Child Travel Consent, you are welcome to visit us to have the signature of the signing parent(s) or guardian(s) notarized. A child travel consent is a document that shows authorities and foreign officials that a child has permission from parent(s) or guardian(s) to travel.


Preparation of Child Travel Consent Form $25.00
Each signature to be notarized $15.00
MISSON DOC PREP offers mobile service to facilitate this process if you prefer not to commute to our office. Please view our mobile notary service page for more information on our mobile service.


Generally, all persons under the age of 18 are considered minor children. However, in some states a person is not legally recognized as an adult until 21 years old. Border officials are vigilant when it comes to the documentation of children. Consequently, all persons who are not legally recognized as adults should be prepared to show they have consent to travel.

If the other parent has some legal rights over the minor it is important to find out if you need to obtain his or her consent. If it is not possible to obtain consent, or if the other parent has no legal rights, you may have to carry a certified copy of a court order or equivalent to prove that you have sole custody. You should be prepared to prove your relationship to the child by producing government issued certificates (e.g. certificates of birth, marriage, adoption or change of name). Generally, a notarized travel consent from the non-consenting parent is all the documentation necessary to demonstrate that your child has consent to travel. However some foreign countries (for example, Brazil) have specific travel authorization forms for minors. If your child is traveling outside North America, you may wish to contact the consulate of the country where your child will be traveling to ensure that you have all the necessary documentation.


Information About Child Travel Consent Form

A Child Travel Consent is also known as:

  • Travel Consent for a Minor
  • Travel Permission Letter
  • Letter of Consent to Travel
What is a Child Travel Consent Form?

A Child Travel Consent allows minors to travel without their parents or legal guardians being present. This form can be used when a child will either be traveling alone, or with another adult who is not their legal guardian (for example, a teacher, grandparent, aunt/uncle, friend, etc.).

It allows the child to travel legally with their authorized chaperone, or on their own, with less hassle than they would experience without written consent.

Do I Need a Child Travel Consent Form?

Parents and guardians may need to use a Child Travel Consent Form if:

  • Their son or daughter is traveling abroad as part of a school trip.
  • Their minor is traveling alone and will be taking a plane, train, or ship to their destination.
  • They are the temporary caretaker of a minor and may travel during that time.
  • Their child or minor will be traveling with friends or family members.
  • They have shared custody of a minor (are a single parent) and only one parent or guardian will be traveling with the child.


Office Hours
Monday9:00 AM — 5:00 PM
Tuesday9:00 AM — 5:00 PM
Wednesday9:00 AM — 5:00 PM
Thursday9:00 AM — 4:00 PM
Friday9:00 AM — 4:00 PM
Saturday8:00 AM — 11:30 AM


We sometimes step out of our office for a mobile service. If we are closed or temporarily out of our office, our live operator is available to take your call, text, or email, at all hours of the day or night, seven (7) days per week.

If you are ready to visit us

schedule an appointment here!

Contact us directly for off-hour meetings, special requests, or short notices. Everything is possible. We are able to accommodate whatever you need of us to make it happen.